Thursday, July 14, 2005

This could be the start of....

The August issue of Magic magazine will mark a real step for me. I am happy to say that I authored the cover story! I will be sharing a byline on this one with Dan LeFay, who also worked on the story. The path to this particular destination was a long one, since I nearly missed out on the story altogether. Through a case of mistaken identity, my name was taken out of the running for the article, but some divine intervention put it back on the list. I was fortunate to have met with Mr. Allen at LVMI, and we ironed out the identity thing. I'll go no further on that one to protect the guilty. Know though, that there will be a future post to this blog on first impressions. They are important, they last, and they make a difference, especially when you share a name with someone else.

Some of you reading this have heard of Armando Lucero. You know of his magic. Those who do not, need to know that this cover story is long overdue. Armando has worked in magic since his teen years, and he has taken his magic to a wonderful level. If you have ever read (or had) opinions on whether or not magic is an art, please reserve your ultimate answer until you've seen Armando perform. His choreography, his elegant movement, his music, and his magic, all intertwine to create a beautiful effect. That he is a good friend is a bonus.

What then, is the friendship to which I referred in the title of this post? I am happy to report that I have several more articles in the queue at Magic Magazine! In future months I'll have articles on several personalities, hopefully another cover story, street magic, and pitching magic products. Stay posted for future announcements, for that could indeed be the start of a beautiful friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home